About Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are just oats soaked overnight that absorb the liquid you put them in – any kind of liquid you like! The most common mixture is equal parts raw rolled oats, milk and yogurt (I like 1/3 or 1/2 cup of each). You can use any kind of yogurt or milk. Put in the fridge overnight (uncovered or covered, your choice) and let ’em soak up the liquids.
That’s the base, and toppings are endless. Add the toppings the night before or the next morning – either way works. Just don’t put anything in you don’t mind getting soggy (i.e. crunchy cereals)
There is NO COOKING involved at all!
(Although you could heat them just a tiny bit in the microwave to take the chill out)
Basic KERF Recipe
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt You can use regular non-Greek yogurt too!
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen fruit Berries, banana, chopped apple!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds Optional, but they will help it thicken up!
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Stir everything together in a bowl.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with something crunchy and something with healthy fats - like nut butter or nuts.
Here’s an audio version that was made for me!
This recipe was recorded by the team at Coupofy.
See every overnight oats breakfast here!