Classic Whipped Banana Oatmeal Recipe
Whipped Banana Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice
- 2/3 cup water I like my oats a bit liquidy - cut back to 1/2 a cup if you don't
- 1/2 banana very thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract stirred in at end
- Start by combining rolled oats, water, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice a banana into VERY thin pieces, leaving just a few bigger chunks.
- Walk away for a few minutes while the oatmeal heats.
- Once it begins to steam or bubble, stir vigorously at times to “whip” the banana into the oats. The oats will take about 5 minutes on medium heat from start to finish to fully absorb the liquid. They’re done when they reach your desired consistency!
- Stir in vanilla (and often pumpkin or cottage cheese) and pour into your bowl.
- Add any toppings you like, such as almond or peanut butter dollops, nuts, granola, coconut, crumbled granola bars, or trail mix – with dark chocolate chips! Or check out all the combos listed below.
Kath Classic Oats Instructional Video
Other Delightful Oaty Breakfasts
[Click image to explore]
Kath’s Oatmeal Gallery!
In a KERF Bowl
Egg Nog + Cinnamon Bun LaraBar
PB + J
- 1 medium banana, split
- 3 scoops of 1/3 cup prepared oatmeal made with half milk/half water and a few raisins
- Raspberry jam, honey and peanut butter on the scoops
- Ryeberries as “nuts” (they taste just like wheatberries and speltberries)
- Granola plank for fun
- A real cherry on top!
With cottage cheese –
A Little Whipped Cream!
With Cottage Cheese –
Egg, Avocado + Cheese
With trail mix –
Cranberry Sauce + Greek Yogurt –
Pumpkin + Cereal
Pumpkin + Coconut
Sunny Side Oats
- Oatmeal + wheatberry base
- 1 egg, cooked sunny side up with a soft yolk
- About 2 tbsp fancy shredded 2% cheese
- Fresh basil
The cheese + oats underneath the egg
Cranberry Sauce + Trail Mix
Topped with homemade granola
Savory Prosciutto Oats
Dried figs, goat cheese, strawberries, ryeberries, prosciutto + honey
Pumpkin Coconut Pie!
Steel Cut –
Apples + Pecans
SPOOKY Halloween Oats!
Apples + Toasted Almonds
You can’t beat melted chocolate for breakfast!
Almond liquor, almond meal, almond coconut granola, toasted almonds, almond butter.
Here’s to the best breakfast ever!!