This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company
There is no better time for summer berries to shine than the 4th of July! How perfect that they bring the most vibrant and delicious reds and blues imaginable, and how convenient that overnight oats are white!
I have oats nearly every morning for breakfast in one form or other. I enjoy eating oats because they are a good source of fiber and 100% whole grain, which helps give me energy.
Overnight oats are my favorite summertime breakfast for the convenience and no-cook prep. While the overnight oats recipe in this post is a delicious everyday breakfast, for the special holiday occasion, I made layers of patriotic color and topped it off with a coconut cream topping! It adds just a bit of decadence to the yummy layers of red, white, and blue, and it might not be something you’d choose every day.
Begin by making your overnight oats the night before (or at least 6-8 hours before so the oats have time to absorb all that liquid!). Dice your strawberries and gather everything to begin the layers.
Begin with a layer of strawberries, followed by a layer of oats, and then your third color layer of blueberries.
Keep going until you have used them all up!
To make the coconut cream, you will need a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been chilled in the freezer. Store it in there upside down so that the thickest cream is on top when you open it up. Scoop that out into a bowl. Add a drizzle of maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) and whisk together until fluffy. Spoon on top of your jar and garnish with a few more oats. Enjoy!
Patriotic Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Prepare overnight oats by combining oats, milk, yogurt, salt, and chia seeds in a bowl or jar. Stir well and chill overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, layer red strawberries, white oats, and then blueberries two times through to form festive rows of color.
- To prepare coconut cream, open coconut milk upside down (do not shake!!) and scoop out the thick cream. Whisk in maple syrup to sweet and scoop on top of parfait.
- Garnish with oats!
Thanks to Quaker Oats for sponsoring this post and keeping my creative oat juices flowing!