This post is sponsored by Argentine Yerba Mate
These overnight oats are lightly caffeine infused thanks to an overnight soak in Yerba Mate tea. Don’t skip the honey – it’s key to balance out the tea’s earthy flavor and adds sweetness to the crunchy pistachio and coconut toppings.
Yerba Energy + Sweet Crunch
I had been dreaming up an infused overnight oats recipe with yerba mate for summertime. You know that book When You Give A Mouse A Cookie? My brain kept cycling through the same train of thoughts between yerba mate, honey, and pistachios. Maybe because the yerba mate leaves are green and would match the pistachios? Or maybe because I always drizzle a little honey in my yerba and when I think of honey I also think of pistachios! (Because of baklava I suppose!)
So that makes yerba mate + honey + pistachios the three musketeers of this recipe. For even more crunch, I added toasted coconut on top!
Sip That Yerba
Argentine Yerba Mate is a rich source of antioxidants (with levels even higher than green tea!) and drinking it boosts your intake of B vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, potassium, and manganese. Studies have shown that yerba mate may help protect the liver, aid in digestion, and increase fat oxidation. You can find Argentine Yerba Mate at speciality tea shops, Whole Foods, or on Amazon.
Giveaway On Instagram Today!
Be sure to head over to Instagram today because I’m giving away a $100 Whole Foods gift card and some cute coconut bowls so you can make some yerba-inspired recipes at home!
This is the perfect “grab and go” energizing breakfast infused with the benefits of yerba mate. It will last a day or two in your fridge, so you can double or triple the recipe and add your toppings as you enjoy.
Honey, Don’t Skip The Honey
I know we healthy eaters like to skip sugary things, but don’t skip the honey! It’s so crucial to this recipe, and you’ll only be using two teaspoons – one stirred in and one on top. Plus honey has antioxidants too.
Yerba Mate Overnight Oats with Pistachios, Coconut, and Honey
- 1/2 cup brewed and cooled Yerba Mate tea
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey divided
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachios
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Mix tea, oats, and yogurt together until well combined. Stir in 1 tsp honey. Place in fridge overnight or at least 3-4 hours to allow oats to soak up tea. When oats are thick, toast coconut in a toaster or conventional oven for 2-3 minuets, being careful not to burn. Top oats with pistachios, coconut, and an additional drizzle of honey.
Other Yerba Mate Recipes You Might Like:
- Raspberry Lemon Smoothie Bowl
- Yerba Mate Latte Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding with Spiced Yogurt Whip
- Yerba Mate Coconut Sorbet
Thanks to Argentine Yerba Mate for sponsoring this post!