Marshmallows roasting on an open fire!
Before we get to that excitement, I’d like to take a moment and say that I have been going to Body Pump nearly twice a week for an entire year!
I went to my first class on October 15
And my second on November 30
I now LOVE the class and hate to miss a Monday or Friday!
- My weight has gone up by 50%-100% on different muscles in a year
- I used to wimp out on biceps and abs, but now I can finish the songs almost every time
- Squats are my least favorite track.
- Triceps are my favorite track, followed by shoulders.
- I prefer 10 pound free weights to a bar on my back during lunges.
- Chris makes class very fun 🙂 I also hate him.
- I am happiest after back is over. Don’t really care for that muscle either.
- A towel wrapped around the bar makes it more comfortable during squats.
- I really like pop songs. I do not like the Jackson 5.
- The chest track is pretty fun.
- I can do 26 push-ups no problem. Not sure what my max is because I haven’t tried!
- I absolutely despise when Chris makes us do calves. My calves are too big and immediately cramp. I sit that one out by stretching.
- I do not like doing squats during the lunge track.
- I like 2:2s and slow 4’s much better than singles.
- Halfway lifts are cool. Holds are not.
- I prefer pushups to planks. Especially around the world planks.
- Love spinal twists at the end of class.
- I prefer overhead presses to dips. Extensions are the best though.
- I boycott the 2 deep breaths at the end of cool down.
- I prefer the music in the newer releases, especially the most recent.
- Number of friends I look forward to seeing every time: 3-4 🙂
- I think my muscles are the firmest and biggest they’ve ever been…
Came home from Pump to pack in some food!
I made a salad with a bed of lettuce topped with a snack plate of chips, crackers, veggies and pimento cheese. It worked well to eat the top with my fingers and the bottom with a fork!
On the side I had some greek yogurt with jam and chia in my fanciest bowl ; )
At least the spoon was nice!
After lunch I roasted a marshmallow on the stove top!
I saw these homemade mallows at the farmer’s market and had to have them. Did you know I’m obsessed with marshmallows?? (but I hate typing that word!!)
These may have been made with corn syrup and sugar, but they seemed a litttttle bit more real food to me than the grocery store ones. I gotta learn to make my own!
Roasting on an open fire…
Pure heaven. This was the best roasted marshmallow I’ve ever had!! It was silky smooth.
Another random fact: total fruit flies caught = about 100. My system has upgraded from a bowl with apple cider vinegar and a drop of dish soap to this fancy test tube shaped vase with a cone of paper – trapping them even more effectively. My kitchen is nearly fruit fly free!