Went to my first BodyPump class today!!
As you probably already know, I hate weight training. I think it’s the most boring thing on the face of the earth. YOGA keeps my muscles well oiled. But I do know strength is important, and I like group exercise a lot, so I gave the Pump a go.
- The bar. Much easier to deal with than two shaky free weights.
- The exercises. Simple muscle groups. No wacky cross-muscle stuff that left me exhausted like my old Sculpt class (which was way harder and therefore I dreaded it)
- The pace. It was JUST fast enough per set to feel the burn but not to overwork me or make me bored.
- The lack of repeats. LOVED that we did most things once (even if we lifted something 20 times in a row, that was just ONE set. It wasn’t “3 sets of 12” or something. I hate sets.
- The music I was prepared for lots of fun pop songs and only recognized one, maybe two of them.
- All the weight changes. I wish we could use just one weight level for the whole class. But I guess that’s not really the point of gaining strength. And also, biceps and quads are not equal.
I biked there and back, so I got in some nice easy cardio too. An all around good workout! I’ll definitely be incorporating in some BodyPump into the rotation. Gotta get back to cycle classes too!
A salad made from garden greens, sauteed zucchini + carrots, hummus (Athenos Red Pepper a la coupon) and nutritional yeast.
Orange for fall!
A blogging snack distributed by Matt! Cinnamon Almonds!
And hot tea ’cause I’m freezing!
We’re taking a bike trip to Food Lion in just a few because they have PUMPKIN! Crap, I shouldn’t have said that – others might beat me to it!