Not sure if you guys have noticed, but I planned very quick and simple meals for this week knowing I’d be busy with school (just wait until you see tomorrow’s dinner!!!)
This one doesn’t look easy, but it was. Took maybe 10 minutes to put together?
- Cook 1 large diced sweet potato in the microwave for about 6 minutes
- Drain cans of black beans, corn + rotel
- Chop red pepper pepper + zucchini
- Put all of the above in a skillet and heat through sprinkling with cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cilantro, red pepper flakes + cilantro.
- Serve over a bed of baby spinach (although chopped romaine would have been better) and garnish with peanuts, plain yogurt (or sour cream, obvi), and hot sauce. Plus chips for dipping!
I would also recommend: jalapenos, avocado, pepperjack cheese and fresh cilantro, but we didn’t have any of those.
The chips were these Food Should Taste Good Buffalo style mini chips. I thought they were going to be super-flavored with buffalo, but they were very mild, which I loved.
And the mini triangles were SO CUTE!
After dinner I talked Matt into watching a House Hunters with me if I tickled his back and head while we watched. This might be a new trend! I got a 5 minute shoulder massage in exchange for 15 minutes of tickles. Seems like a fair trade to me!
What’s that? You hear something?
AHHH Biochem is calling…….