It was just like in the movies:
- Alarm went off at 5:10am.
- Radio lady says “If you haven’t looked out your window this morning, you’re in for a surprise!”
- I get out of bed and it’s WHITE!!
- Then: “The roads are super icy. STAY OFF of them. There are accidents all over. Charlotte schools are closed.”
- So I assume since Winthrop’s classes were canceled a few weeks ago when the roads were snowy but not dangerously icy that they will definitely be closed today.
- I try to go back to sleep for 30 minutes but dream of Butterscotch coffee.
- 6:30: No sign of anything from Winthrop. From my laptop in bed (because it’s too cold to get up), I IMed Kelsey, who was also in her bed with her computer. We decide to at least skip my first class – it’s dangerous out there and apparently “Independence Blvd. is a sheet of ice.”
- 7:30: Do yoga. No news.
- 8:30: Eat breakfast. No news.
- WTF?!?!! No even a 2-hour delay for ice!?
As you can tell, I am still at home. I emailed my Biochem professor and let her know I couldn’t make it today. We are still undecided on our mid-morning, afternoon and evening classes, but we are planning to go.
Today I did YogaDownload’s Power Yoga #3 for the Advanced Beginner. Even though I am now able to easily follow the Intermediate/Advanced Intermediate sessions, it was nice to do a slower one again. The beginner level ones give you a lot more time to settle into the poses, which feels really good, and they are very descriptive so you can check on your form.
After yoga I finally dipped into the Butterscotch Toffee Coffee. Mmmmmmm! The taste is rather neutral, but the aroma is divine. You guys who are always looking for the good flavored kinds – see if your local mom and pop coffee shops carry any. This is from a local shop that roasts its beans here in Charlotte. It’s expensive (which is why we don’t always have it ) but worth a treat every now and then
I had planned on yogurt + fruit this morning because of my busy day, but oatmeal won the battle for being a snowy 19* this morning (According to my mom, it was colder here than in Boston where Larbs is this morning!)
Heaven in a bowl:
- 1/3 cup oats, 1% milk, water, pinch salt, 2 dried chopped figs, 1/2 large banana
- 2 tbsp wheatberries
- 1/3 KIND Almond Coconut Bar
- ~5 butterscotch chips (to match the coffee!)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- A few toasted almonds
- Spoonful Barney Butter
Fresh off the press
The KERF “Doggone Delicious” Oatmeal bowl is in fact, microwavable, as confirmed with CafePress staff by reader Elizabeth!!
Not sure of my agenda today!