Karen says hello! She’s running a low fever now, but was feeling OK when we arrived – and she was especially excited to see her laptop!
After we left the hospital, Matt and I headed to Whole Foods for some groceries. On our hike today we discussed how good green curry is and decided to make a dinner around it.
Picked up a jar of this!
We used to have red curry paste in our fridge – which is also very good. Matt used about half the jar tonight for dinner!
Here’s his method:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 small jar green curry paste
- 1 can regular coconut milk
- Olive oil for cooking
- Fresh ginger and garlic and maybe salt, to taste
- Cut eggplant and broccoli into large chunks. Sautee in a pan with olive oil until mostly cooked through.
- Add can of coconut milk, and 2T of green curry paste, stir to combine.
- Add a drained can of bamboo shoots, and half a can of drained chickpeas.
- Add salt to taste, and maybe garlic, ginger, or curry powder.
- Serve with peanuts on top!
We luckily still had a tupperware of cooked millet we hadn’t used from last week – SCORE! Heated that up with some coconut milk in a pot and let the curry sauce drip through.
After dinner we watched the movie The Grapes of Wrath. It was much better than I remember it being when I saw it in high school! Still, movies back then were so strange! I know there are a lot of intellectual themes in the storyline – but it’s been so long since I sat through high school English. Do you guys remember any of them to share?
Any night that ends with some Cville
Clusters cookies is a good night for me!