- First, I finished my Microbiology.
- Then I took a 20 minute nap and felt much better.
- Then I biked to the gym and did the Stairmaster with a magazine and felt SOOOO much better.
- Then I came home to find out that our Team KERF Race For The Cure goal has been MET!!!!!!!!!
- Then I had a huge filling salad that kept me full all night.
- Then Micro Lab went really well.
- Then I had a PB LaraBar.
- Then I came home to a HUGE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!
So backing up….
I was absolutely shocked to find the Team KERF Race for the Cure goal MET today!!!!
Thank you to Suzanne S. and Wendy F., who pushed the amount above the goal!
Thank you to everyone who has donated – it means so much to me. Of course let’s not stop at goal – the more we raise, the better the chances of helping fight cancer.
Big Green Bowl
I decided I eat dinner earlier (4:30) instead of packing something to eat up at the campus like I normally do since it was raining and not the best day for a picnic. Plus, I was really hungry at 4:30 for a snack so it was a good time for dinner.
I made a great salad with the leftover pesto pasta salad I made as a mystery recipe the other night.
- Huge base of romaine + spinach
- A carrot
- 1/4 a cucumber
- Some green bell pepper
- Balsamic vinegar on the greens
- ~2 cups leftover pasta salad with some veggies in it
- A sprinkling of goat cheese
- About a tbsp of sunflower seeds
Among my studies with a cup of water with Crystal Light for a bit more punch –
THIS is what grew off my fingertips last week!!! EWWWWW!!!
I was quite proud 😉
Lab went well. I love not having to deal with chemicals. I HATE chemicals. Microbes, although they freak me out, are much cooler.
I always debate between bar + volume. Would I rather wait and have a big bowl of cereal and milk or yogurt and fruit, or have a bar? Whenever I have cereal I am always glad, but whenever I have a bar I am always glad!! It’s a grass-is-greener scenario. But tonight, PB LaraBar it was Yup, I’m walking down the stairs of the science building as I took this.
An Angel In Los Angeles!
I have a guardian angel in L.A. – Jimmi sent me a whole box of PB LaraBars and Blueberry Granola Planks!!! It was like opening a briefcase with a million dollars inside. I wanted to eat 5 just to celebrate!!! He also included 3 new bars to try – I’ve never had the LB Cashew Cookie. Thanks Jimmi