Granola was made
Granola was consumed
Along with a dish of watermelon for an afternoon snack!
SHAKLEE Scour Off ROCKS!!!
Sticky stupid sticker stick that neither the scraper nor the mop could get up from a fallen label
Cherry pit magic did it in 60 seconds!
The afternoon went by fast thanks to lots of Monday paperwork, bill paying and a painful chat with Comcast trying to get auto-bill working. Gah! Why must simple tasks take so long!?
Thankfully after a humid bike ride home, I had a frigid GAZPACHO waiting for me!!
I made it this morning before work and let the flavors develop all day.
Summer 2011 Gazpacho
- 4 vine tomatoes
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto (could sub basil pesto or just sun-dried tomatoes and garlic clove)
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 3 glugs Worcestershire
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ear of leftover roasted corn, some reserved for garnish
- 1/2 can chickpeas, stirred in at end ( <—just like so many oatmeal making ingredients!)
- Mix all but chickpeas and some corn in vita-mix or strong blender. A food processor would probably work too. Blend away.
- Stir in beans.
- Garnish with corn.
Served with cubes of the best, lightly toasted and smothered in a little EVOO.
Since last night’s post I’ve been SO excited to read more of my new book!! On a reading kick for sure. Night!