Yes, I did have cake for breakfast
At 9:35 am, Katherine Anne was born to Clifford and Barbara Younger at Newton Wellesley Hospital outside of Boston, MA. She weigh 6 lbs 13 oz and was 19″ long.
Fun Fact: On the way to the hospital when my mom was in labor, my parents drove over a rock and got a flat tire! They had to pull over and wait for an ambulance to come continue to journey to the hospital. My dad saved the rock, which is in their garden
And my mom hilariously reminded me this morning that I didn’t breathe for the first minute or so when I was born:
Remember your first Apgar score was a 0. So your first grade in life was VERY BAD. Very very bad grade
And then it went up to something like an eight.
I don’t know why you got a zero, but I guess if you don’t breathe they can’t give you credit for anything.
I AM 26 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys have no idea how long I have waited to be this age………. Well, actually you do The husband and I just sat on the couch and watched our DVR box clock turn from 9:34 to 9:35. I teared up!!
I really wanted some oatmeal today, but I thought it would be fun to involve the cake, which was just staring back at me when I came down:
So I had both! (With the help of Tina, who convinced me cake must be involved when we chatted earlier this morning )
Surrounded by superfoods, this was the healthiest piece of cake ever! My oats were made with banana, raisins, flax and almond butter.
I also had 1.5 cups of Tiramisu coffee. I have to say, I’m quite full in a bad way right now. Kinda regretting the heavy cake! But I guess today’s the day if any to feel this way at 10am 8)
Others who share the 10.26 love:
- Kelly T.
- Pat Sajak
- Hillary Clinton (Fun Fact: I met Hillary on OUR birthday – October 26, 1992 – when she and Bill came to my small town of Hillsborough. I was in 4th grade and my mom checked me out of school for the occasion.)
- Keith Urban
1982: Fun Facts
My dad sent me a card with Fun Facts From 1982 –
- Kelly Clarkson
- Prince William
- Kirsten Dunst
- LeAnne Rimes
In The News…
- Cellular telephones become available to motorists at a cost of $3,000 (!!)
- The Dow Jones Industrial average tops the 1000 level for the first time (wish that was this year too!)
- Ronald Regan declares war on drugs (I see not much has changed…)
The Value Of A Dollar
- Yogurt …… $.89
- A Dodge Ram truck….. $5,999.00
- A microwave……$589 (!?!?!)
New To The Market
- Cabbage Patch dolls become an overnight sensation
- Nutrasweet hits the market
- USA Today makes its debut
- E.T. Phone home!!
- CATS opens on broadway
- EPCOT opens in Disney World
- The Kath Eats Real Food concept is born
We’re not sure what to do today. We wanted to go hiking, but now we’re both feeling lazy and don’t feel like driving 45 minutes to an hour to the park. I do want to do something outdoorsy though, so maybe we’ll just go walking or running somewhere nice in a bit?
My family members sent me a little birthday cash and I told the husband I would LOVE to go to pick out a few new oatmeal bowls!!! Perhaps a few plates too. Maybe we’ll bike there for our activity?
THANK YOU to you all for all the wonderful birthday wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s so cool to have people all around the world getting excited for me.