I’ll be here tomorrow with a recap of our beach trip to the Outer Banks. Until then, here’s a sneak peek into the items I keep in our beach and pool bag to give you ideas of things to keep in your yours – so you’re always prepared and ready to splash!
I pack our pool bag back up the minute we get home from the pool so it’s ready to go the next time we need it. (Well actually I usually wash our towels first, and then re-pack it!) These are the basics we keep inside so we’re always ready to dash out the door.
What’s In Our Pool Bag!
- Scout BJ Bag. It’s huge and has great pockets (six total) and mostly waterproof.
- Water friendly ring sling. This is great for younger babies or if Birch is not in a swimming mood. In and out of the water!
- Wet bag set of 3. These are great for wet suits or diapers or just storing smaller things things.
- Snacks! We always have a pouch or two, and I love these Almond Butter Bars from TJs.
- Hand sanitizer. Even before the virus we used this often.
- Zinc-based sunscreens. A stick for kids faces, sheer for mom face, a mist for bodies, and a lotion for all-purpose.
- Great kid goggles. Found these in a two-pack on Amazon!
- Wearable Turkish Towel for me. Love this thing! I can put it on and still help the kids hands free. Mine is local but something like this would be similar!
- The best sun hat! Top-knot friendly. Velcros in the back. It even rolls up for easy travel.
- Toddler Turkish towel poncho. From Etsy! I love Turkish towels for being so lightweight and easy to pack. This is also great because I can take off his wet swim diaper and put on a dry one while he’s mostly under a towel.
- Second wet bag. Packed with swim and regular diapers plus a changing pad and wipes.
- Pineapple swim trunks and neon rash guard. Mazen has matching ones!
- i play baby sun hat. SPF and neck cover.
- Birch’s floatie vest. To help him learn to swim and kick!
- Quilt for sitting in the grass. For snacks or post-swimming outfit changes.
- Swig wine tumbler. Because summertime!
- Birch’s little boat float! He loves to play “motorboat motorboat go so slow.”
- We use the stroller to help carry everything in!
- Kohv sunglasses (I’m usually wearing them)
- Mazen’s towel poncho (he usually wears it)