These black one piece swimsuits are sexy, comfortable, and full coverage – perfect for looking great while playing in the pool or the beach.
My hunt for the perfect black one piece swimsuit
I like my Albion Fit Maria one piece so much I wanted to find another swimsuit that had the same mix of sexy and comfortable. I love to wear black, and since most of my suits are colorful or floral, I decided I’d hunt for the perfect black one piece swimsuit. My search began at all the usual sporty stores: Title Nine, Athleta, GAP, and a bunch of shops that advertise to me on Instagram. I’ve gotten burned by return shipping in the past, and since bathing suits aren’t always a slam dunk in terms of fit, I couldn’t find a suit that was both in stock and had a good return policy. And then I had the idea to search Amazon and hit the jack pot! I had been looking at suits in the $100 range and found all three of these for less than $30 each.
Why I love a one piece
I still own and wear bikinis! (Well maybe they should be categorized as “two pieces” because I don’t know if I have ever worn a true bikini!) That said, I’ve realized that I am just so much happier on the beach when I don’t have to think about my bathing suit. It’s less about not wanting to “reveal” my body and more about not having to THINK about my body. A high-neck one piece with swim shorts is comfortable enough to move around in without having to adjust, tuck, or pick. If Thomas and I ever go on another romantic getaway and get the chance to lounge by a pool, I’m happy in a two piece! But when kids are involved – one pieces rock!
Shorts by Title Nine
The Black One Piece Swimsuits I Bought from Amazon:
What they have in common:
- Mostly black
- Some sexy sheer parts
- High neck tops so the girls stay in
- A full coverage bottom (I will never be caught in a thong bathing suit!)
- All size small
- All double lined
- All under $30!
Black One Piece Swimsuits: My Reviews!
I took all three of these for a test run at the beach. Here’s what I thought!
- This one is EXACTLY like my Albion Fit suit! I seriously would have a hard time telling them apart from the top to the back.
- It’s the most “sucked in” through the tummy and the rouching is flattering.
- Just like my Albion suit, it’s a bit hard to put on (tight through the hips) but once it’s on it’s very comfortable.
- Love the double lining.
- Thick straps are very comfortable.
- The most “tank like” for wearing with shorts.
- This one wins for most comfortable thanks to the wide straps, widest chest, and no metal.
- Easy to put on
- Very comfortable
- Bust support was medium, but the bow in the front helps. Of them all this one has the least amount of support.
- This one had strangely rounded cups. They were actually too small for me (meaning the cup was smaller than my boob) but I didn’t think they looked weird from the outside. They just felt kind of weird. I tried taking them out and didn’t love the support without. I might try to put in another suit’s cups and see how that does.
- Love the touch of tropical floral.
- This one was the most “cheeky” of them all but was still relatively a “full coverage” bottom
- This suit is on the same Amazon page as the floral one above, but it’s slightly different.
- The top half and straps are different, and the cups are “normal.”
- I love the radiating lines design.
- It’s very comfortable, not too hard to get on, and has lovely ruched front is great on the tummy.
- This one had adjustable straps that I made as tight as I could which made it the most supportive of the three.
- Those same straps have little metal rings that dig into my back a little bit so it isn’t the most comfortable.
So which one did I keep?
ALL THREE! Three suits for $100 is a steal, and I really couldn’t choose a favorite. The floral top was the one I was considering returning the most (because of the cups) but I decided I wanted to take it to the beach and wore it so I couldn’t return it. I still like it and will save it for less active beach/pool days.
Check out more bathing suits and summer fashion in this post: Summer Fashion Favorites.