I left in a tizzy this morning – Kelsey stayed home today and I drove myself. And FORGOT MY LUNCH!!! Whoops! Luckily it wasn’t one that would go bad in 1 day (I think Matt is eating the leftovers from dinner last night). And luckily Rock Hill has the awesome EarthFare across the street! Poor me for having to go to EarthFare 😉
My cereal did not hold me over well this morning, but it was a good day to do so because I had packed a snack because of a 12:30 meeting. I met with our internship director about my application – due August 15th – for my January – July 2010 internship. SO CRAZY that I am already thinking about that. I feel like I just started this program!
I ate my snack around 11:45 and was ravenous, but when I left her office at 1:15 I was just barely hungry. Perfect timing! I packed about a tbsp of almonds + peanuts, wasabi peas, dried mango (from EarthFare yesterday) and a fig.
The Mix: 1.25 pounds of delicious
- Mixed greens + spinach + zucchini + carrot + mushroom + peppers tossed in some balsamic vinegar
- Sugar snap peas
- Fruit pile: strawberry, pineapple, blackberry, grape, watermelon
- Black bean hummus (which was amazing and I have no idea what was so magical about it – it was almost chewy!?)
- Grape leaf
- 4 giant marinated beans
- 2 tbsp sweet potato salad
- 3 pieces zucchini salad
- 2 kinds of tofu (~7 cubes)
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp sesame sticks
- The. Best. Salmon.
- 2 chicken cubes
- A “soy nugget", which tasted JUST like a chicken nugget! Not sure how it was made…
The soy nugget
Pumpkin Pie sample for dessert!
Would you believe that I a just barely satisfied!? I could go back for another pound!
Get Your Weekly Bite
Estella’s latest article on sports nutrition has some great info on CHO, PRO + FAT:
I managed to squeeze in a good hour of studying in between Biochem and my meeting, and now i have another hour till Foodservice. Going to shut down my computer and memorize some enzymes!