This is one of those great recipes where you can mix and match whatever you have in your fridge – or garden! Sub in 2.5 cups of your own summer veggies and use the combination of fresh and dried herbs you have in your pantry. You can’t go wrong! Cilantro, parsley, or dill. Tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, corn, eggplant. Top it with a delicious protein or eat it alone as a lunch or side dish. Great for potlucks and picnics too!
I used fresh cilantro plus dried dill and parsley for a blend of green flavor. The dressing is made with sour cream, mayo, and lemon juice for a creamy style that sticks to your pasta and soaks in over time. Shout out to Plenty’s Della for the idea to blend sour cream + mayo. It’s a winner!
Also, lemon zest for LIFE!
Lightly Cook Veggies with Pasta
Whenever I’m making a pasta dish that includes veggies that need a little softening, I add them in the last few minutes. One pot, multitasking!
Herby Summer Pasta Salad
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1 cup frozen (or fresfire roasted corn
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package. With 3 minutes remaining, add beans and corn. Drain.
- When cool, toss pasta with bell pepper and feta.
- To make dressing, add lemon zest through pepper in a blender and blend.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.