This was one heck of a grain salad!! SO much flavor diversity!
Spiced Millet Salad
Yield 3 Servings
- ~2 cups cooked millet (or couscous)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into discs, grilled, then cubed ( <— crucial to the flavors!)
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 can chickpeas, including bean goo for stickiness and moisture
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup arugula, steamed, then chopped (or spinach or another green or omit)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (or walnuts or almonds)
- A lot of garam masala and turmeric, maybe 1 tbsp each (or cinnamon!)
- Salt to taste (will be more than you think)
- Black pepper and cayenne to taste
- Maybe some olive oil if you still need some liquid and moistness (1 tbsp)
- Stir it all up, let sit for at least an hour in the fridge to cool and absorb!