This was one heck of a grain salad!! SO much flavor diversity!
- ~2 cups cooked millet (or couscous)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into discs, grilled, then cubed ( <— crucial to the flavors!)
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 can chickpeas, including bean goo for stickiness and moisture
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup arugula, steamed, then chopped (or spinach or another green or omit)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (or walnuts or almonds)
- A lot of garam masala and turmeric, maybe 1 tbsp each (or cinnamon!)
- Salt to taste (will be more than you think)
- Black pepper and cayenne to taste
- Maybe some olive oil if you still need some liquid and moistness (1 tbsp)
Stir it all up, let sit for at least an hour in the fridge to cool and absorb!
Serves 3 hearty portions.