This was one heck of a grain salad!! SO much flavor diversity!
Spiced Millet Salad
Servings 3 Servings
- ~2 cups cooked millet or couscous
- 1 medium eggplant cut into discs, grilled, then cubed ( <— crucial to the flavors!)
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 can chickpeas including bean goo for stickiness and moisture
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup arugula steamed, then chopped (or spinach or another green or omit)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces or walnuts or almonds
- A lot of garam masala and turmeric maybe 1 tbsp each (or cinnamon!)
- Salt to taste will be more than you think
- Black pepper and cayenne to taste
- Maybe some olive oil if you still need some liquid and moistness 1 tbsp
- Stir it all up, let sit for at least an hour in the fridge to cool and absorb!