It seems the older I get, the more and more I love fresh herbs! My favorites are a tie between rosemary and dill, but I also love Italian parsley, thyme, and basil. All of the above were picked from this year’s herb garden!
Last summer, I created this Every Herb Salad Dressing that blends all my favorite herbs with yogurt, olive oil and lemon juice for a bright and creamy dressing. Today’s salmon salad was inspired by that!
I generally like a combination of yogurt and mayo in my fishy salads (tuna, salmon, sardine). The yogurt brightens and lightens, but using some mayo provides a richness that yogurt alone cannot create.
I am partnering with the new KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo for this post as a healthy swap to traditional mayonnaise. Made with — you guessed it — avocado oil, it has a healthier fat profile than typical mayo, which is often made from soybean oil. The KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo contains 232 mg of Omega-3 alpha-Linolenic acid in every serving, and it’s also made from cage-free whole eggs*, for which I give a huge thumbs up. It tastes great, too! It’s the first mainstream avocado oil mayo product to hit the market with an affordable price point. (Don’t miss the VISA gift card giveaway at the end of this post!)
This recipe is very easy: chop your veggies and herbs and combine with tinned salmon, yogurt, mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix and eat!
I put a serving size of 2 on this for lunches, but you could also serve it as a party dip or picnic spread.
Thanks to the variety of herbs in each bite, your brain will think, “There’s some dill! OH — thyme! Mmmm basil. Oh and a hint of rosemary in there!” #herbpartyinyourmouth
Every Herb Salmon Salad
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 six-ounce can of wild salmon, drained
- 1 cup fresh, loosely packed herbs, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 stalk celery, about 1/4 cup chopped
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tbsp KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt + pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well.
Serve with crackers, on a salad, on a sandwich, or with a spoon!
KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo is offering a $100 VISA gift card to one lucky commenter on this post. Please comment with your favorite healthy swap in a recipe or in your lifestyle!
-No duplicate comments.
-You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/1/2017 – 7/10/2017
Be sure to visit the Kraft Avocado Oil Mayo brand page on SheKnowsMedia.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
*Contains at least 70% cage free whole eggs