Typical Friday Night!!
We ventured downtown in fear of rain but got in a good hour or so of hangin’ out before the storms moved in.
A snack, prior to departure. Blueberries + Oikos
Then we packed up our dinner and headed downtown, thankful the heat broke just a bit
Drink tickets for some..
No beer for others…
We hilariously stumbled upon Seamane and Rob!
And sat down to picnic [Matt put sriracha all over his millet salad!]
As promised…the recipe:
Greek Millet Salad
- 1 cup dry millet
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 inches of English cucumber chopped
- ~10 olives pitted and chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 block feta cheese about 4 ounces or so
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Cook millet with 2:1 water to grain.
- Cook zucchini and tomatoes in 1 tsp olive oil in a hot skillet until brown and tender. Add to millet.
- Add cucumber, olives and garbanzos to millet.
- Drizzle on olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Crumble on the feta cheese.
- Served chilled at a summer picnic!
And the how-to!
Cook millet……rice cooker rocked it while I wrote my breakfast post!
Cook zucchini and tomatoes in 1 tsp olive oil in a hot skillet until brown and tender.
Add to millet.
Add cucumber, olives and garbanzos to millet.
Drizzle on olive oil…
Lemon juice…freshly squeezed if you have it. Bottled if you’re lazy like meeee!
Salt + peppa
And the feta..
Toss the salad!
And store covered in your fridge, Barefoot Contessa-style, until dinnertime.
Pretzels on the side!
Gosh eating sitting in the grass has gotten quite difficult…. next time we’re bringing a blanket at the very least
Clearly discussing beer…baby on board!
Not too long into our evening, the thunder rolls. We jetted outta there fast – with Seamane and Rob joining us for a few beers back at home.
After a few hours of good conversation, I had second dinner. More millet and a nectarine!
Still feeling a bit hungry, so I’m going to have a glass of milk!