I love having baked pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast in the fall. It’s gooey on the inside, crispy on the outside, and lovely to reheat the next day for a quick and easy breakfast.
I normally make it in a loaf shape and cut in in slices. Topped with almond butter and granola!
I was pleased that Mazen loved it, but the loaf was kind of hard to cut for him. So I had the idea of pouring the batter into mini muffin tin to make it easier to serve.
I made my first batch with coconut on top
I found my first batch to be hard to remove from the pan. I think this is because I did not let them cool completely first. The second batch came out beautifully with some coconut oil rubbed well on the inside of the cups and a very patient 20 minute wait for cooling.
Using a knife to cut them out and twisting to remove worked best
Baked Pumpkin Bites
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Beat eggs and add all other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Grease a mini muffin tin well and pour batter in to the brim.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before removing or your oatmeal might stick. Use a knife to cut along the edges and twist to remove.
Mazen loved ‘em!
And for a crazy twist, have fun with the round shape!