Morning! I’m excited to have a weekend with no major plans except for dinner tonight at Karen’s. I’ve got two whole days to get things done and it’s still technically morning on the first day!
It’s a cold morning here. I wonder if we have a draft because my paperwhites are shriveled and moved as far as they could in their pot away from the patio doors! It has been so interesting to see how the plants move during the day. They’re allllliiiiive!
I did 30 minutes of Power Vinyasa Flow #1 this morning. I would recommend this session to anyone who is just beyond the beginner stages of yoga. It had a little of everything (stretch, strength, balance) and was a great length.
Then came the Pecan Party!
I picked up some Georgia Pecan coffee at Fresh Market yesterday. It smells A.mazing!! So I continued the theme into my oatmeal with some toasted pecan pieces –
- 1/3 cup oats, vanilla soy milk, water, 1/2 huuuuuge banana (see to the right – look how small my hand is in comparison), pinch salt, splash vanilla
- Generous half cup Libby’s pumpkin, heated in bowl
- Generous sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 tbsp wheatberries
- Sprinkle pecan pieces, toasted in the microwave
- A few butterscotch chips
- Swirled tbsp pruney pumpkin butter
- Spoonful Barney Butter (which looks huge on my tiny antique spoon)
Annnnnddddd a mug of WATER. So at the recommendation of the coffee guy at Fresh Market I had my beans coarsely ground. I don’t think they even brewed!? I used the same amount and time as usual. This coffee was so weak I didn’t even finish it. I think I’m going to have to re-grind it down myself.
We’ve got plans for a mid-morning gym trip by bike and lots of research.