If there’s one process I love about an upcoming trip, it’s eating up the fridge. I find it cleansing! I always wipe it down before we go so putting in a fresh load of groceries will be extra fun when we return.
I think I really just want to be like the Barefoot Contessa [I know I say that every time!]
Despite the few ingredients we had, we made a killer dinner!!
A big salad with:
- Spinach + romaine dressed in olive oil and salt
- 3 slices of seared bacon
- 1/2 a block of tempeh, seared to a crisp in the bacon
- Green pepper, also seared in the bacon
- Goat cheese + manchego cubes
- Rosemary salt made by Faith
Taste test. Loved.
I’ve cleaned and packed and organized. Now I’m not sure if my carry on bag will zip…
Gotta go put clean sheets on the bed – we have to be in it in 30 minutes for our early bedtime. The alarm is set for 4AM!