Deviled eggs are one of my all-time favorite picnic foods!! Gosh I could eat 10 of them, but they are always the first food to go. How many times do you get to a picnic only to find the deviled egg tray empty? Such a bummer. A good solution: make them yourself at home for lunch : )
I had three hard boiled eggs I needed to use up for this recipe. I followed some Blue Apron directions for juuuuust hard boiled eggs, and they turned out perfectly!
Bring water to a boil and then cook for 6 minutes for a soft yolk and 7 minutes for a juuust set one. These guys were great!
Remove the yolks to get started on your filling – careful not to break the whites!
For this filling I subbed in cottage cheese instead of heavier mayo, and it turned out great! Nice and creamy and with extra protein to boot! I added capers – because delicious!
And it wouldn’t be a KERF recipe without smoked paprika : )
Give it all a mash together –
And then fill the whites back up –
Yum yum! I served these over a salad for lunch one day.
Cottage Cheese Deviled Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 3 big pinches smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ground pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and let eggs boil for 7 minutes. Plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- When cool, peel and slice eggs in half.
- Remove yolks carefully into a bowl.
- Add ingredients and mash together to mix well.
- Spoon filing back into egg white halves and sprinkle with a bit more paprika to garnish.