Wondering what those are? Stay tuned tomorrow around 12:26! I did a little experiment with them today. It was a success!
I was also called to the bakery for a minor emergency – the panic button on our ADT alarm went off and the police were at our door. Only, Matt didn’t push the button and it was no longer in the spot where I had put it! We think the button fell off its spot and into the TRASH and the panic button is being pressed from the dumpster!! A half hour on the phone later…all is fixed. But I sure hope we don’t get a bill from the police…
I also did a little cleaning while I was there – I’m using Shaklee’s Basic G as one of our main cleaners. We do have sink sanitizer and a mop sink dispenser per the health dept. and vinegar for the kneading table (all that is recommended on the wood) but for the bathroom, tables, and other surfaces I’m using Basic G.
It’s a germicide, fungicide, viricide and cleaner – all in one. And it’s EPA registered without the noxious fumes of Lysol and Clorox. This is the one you want to clean your germs! Basic H is awesome on dirt, smudges, stains and more, but Basic G is the killer for disinfecting.
I’ve also got a Basic H bottle there as my personal office cleaner Left the desk smelling like vanilla lavender!
I also took care of some floor scuffs with Scour Off. I LOVE our white floors, but my gosh they are scuffing up quickly! I scrubbed on my hands and knees the other day with water and a towel and couldn’t get them up – but Scour Off did the trick! I think I need to buy one for work and one for home
I biked on home after that to make some granola and start on dinner. Man is it getting HOT out! I practically needed another shower after that 3+ mile bike ride!
Unfortunately I can’t share this granola recipe because I was testing it out for Great Harvest use! But it’s good – and loaded with flax and walnuts!
While the oven was hot, I also made a delicious roasted dinner!
Roasted Tofu Potato Salad
Rosemary + dill red potatoes plus herby Twin Oaks Tofu, roasted in the oven
Yogurt + mayo + mustard + garlic gold dressing
Was delicious!!!!!!!!!! **If you don’t get the title of this post, go read/watch “Lord of the Rings!!”
It was only after I put my fork down after my last bite that I realized that I completely forgot to add the bacon I bought for this recipe!!!! The dish would have been even better with a crumbled bit of the good stuff on top.
Roasted Tofu Potato Salad
Inspired by Heidi Swanson’s “Mostly Not Potato Salad” from Super Natural Every Day
- 6 medium-to-large red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 tsp dried dill (or fresh if you’re lucky!)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or dried if you don’t have it)
- 1 block tofu of your choice
- 1 cup green beans, rinsed and chopped
- A few tbsp olive oil
- A few sprinkles of kosher salt
- Spring mix for serving
- 2 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar (or Garlic Gold Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- Optional: 1 clove garlic
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Toss potatoes in herbs, a few pinches of salt and olive oil to coat.
- If your tofu isn’t flavored, add a similar flavor profile as the potatoes.
- Put potatoes and tofu in oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender and crispy.
- Toss green beans in olive oil, salt and pepper in a separate pan.
- Add green beans to oven with 15 minutes remaining.
- Combine dressing in a jar and shake together.
- Combine everything in a bowl and top with dressing. Coat well.
- Serve over spring mix.
- PLUS – CRUMBLED BACON – which I totally forgot!!!!!!!!!
Matt was baking bread all afternoon and had to stay at the bakery to let it cool, so I ate with the movie Evening. I enjoyed it – a beautiful film- but I have one major critique and that was that there was way too much mouth breathing!! And morning scenes when people were whispering in each other’s faces. I know they did not brush their teeth first, and I can’t help but think about breath!!
After the movie I got up to put all of the granola in containers and had a couple huge handfuls for a midnight snack! It was good!!
Man, it is so hot! I have sweat dripping down my back, but I can also hear the celebration parties from UVA’s graduation – and smell someone’s delicious grill floating into my window which makes me wish I had a bag full of marshmallows!
Matt just got home – going to play!