Today was quite the zig-zag of decisions!
- First we were going to go for a walk in the rain donning pink rainboots
- Then rainboots were nowhere to be found (Did I give them away when we moved!?)
- Then we were going to go running
- Then Matt found a DVD player on Craigslist for $15 and we decided to walk in the rain to get it
- Then we realized we didn’t have any cash
- Then we decided to walk 2.5 miles to Wachovia first, then to the DVD player
- Then the Craigslist person said she was leaving her house in 25 minutes
- Then we decided to drive
- Once we arrived at Wachovia, the computers were down and we could not get cash
- Then we went to another Wachovia and got cash
- Then we picked up the DVD player
- Then we headed home in the car to run, but we spontaneously decided that since we were already out in the car, we should just run in the cool neighborhood we were in
- Then we ran. Somewhere around 5 miles. I had no Garmin so it was just a fun run. And a good one to boot!
- Then we drove home
Then we ate lunch!
If it’s going to rain all day, I might as well pretend I’m at the ocean!
Sardine salad with lots of chopped veggies some beans
Some mayo, some salt + peppa, some basil
Served with butterhead from the garden – still wet from the rain (and washing in the sink )
We made lettuce wraps. Here is my lovely hand model demonstrating -
It was hard to pass up on the chips, so I added some of those as well – mostly crumbles.
And two amazing pieces of fruit!
Lastly, an orange basil seltzer. Total winner.
Our run boosted my mood and the electrician is here fixing our light. And there’s a beer tasting on the agenda!