Went for a run this afternoon and it was painful!
While I did run with my Twilight audio book on my iPhone – which was totally fun!!!!!!!!! – I had everything going against me:
- 7 mile run just 48 hours ago (I would have liked more time but I had to seize the day)
- FREEZING cold
- Afternoon slump (I am always faster in the AM)
- HUNGRY because I didn’t want to eat before I ran but it was really snack time
- Thirsty!! I don’t drink enough now that I’m on my feet a lot all day
- Oh, and I was on my feet all morning!
I was just going to do a short 4 miles but I ended up not wanting to cross a busy street and went on a loop that was longer than I had remembered. I ended up doing close to 6 miles and was grumpy by the end to get home and warm and fed! I was running 9:45 miles instead of 8:30-8:45 today. Lesson learned: good runs happen when you are primed to run!
Luckily my hero was scheduled to make dinner tonight and so I could catch up on emails and blog work while he prepped. He has been assigned one soup a week (that he chose from a soup cook book called The Soup Bible throughout my internship).
On the menu: Irish Ale + Cheese Soup!
Recipe From Matt:
- -3 carrots, 2 taters, 3 cloves garlic, sauteed in 1T canola with salt, pepper
- -add half Tbsp of mixed thyme and rosemary
- -add 1C chick broth and 3C water, bring to boil
- -boil covered for 15 mins
- -mash with masher
- -add 3oz cheese and 1 beer
- -grate cheese over serving
Wish I could say this was fabulous, but it was just OK. A little too potatoey. We both agreed it could have used some CREAM but then it wouldn’t have been as light The cheese was awesome though, and the beer flavor was there. He used a homebrewed Irish red ale! It was still good though!
He enthusiastically brought home a whole wheat sourdough baguette loaf for us to have with the soup. Crunch + chew!
A bit later I felt kind of empty and decided on a healthy dessert – Oikos topped with a little Crunchy Coconut Granola, Biscoff and a few pieces of dark chocolate. YUM!
We’re going up to bed soon – it feels so late! I haven’t gotten my full 8 hours two nights in a row and am determined to get them tonight. Hafta fold laundry and read some blogs first.
By the way: the best way to fall asleep – a soothing audiobook with headphones. It’s like mom + dad reading a story to you at bedtime! [I always have to rewind 5 minutes in the AM 'cause I dose off and miss the last few minutes ]