This afternoon I made Tina’s Coconut Date Cookies, although I had to use raisins instead of dates. I’m not sure why, but mine turned out rather different looking than hers, but they are GOOD! They are a lot like samoas because of the coconut pieces. It was hard, but I held off having one until after dinner so as not to spoil my 4:30 appetite
Basil, Asiago, Pesto Ravioli
with Maple-Garlic Chard and Turkey
I ate dinner at 4:30! It was strange, but felt more like 6:30! I hardly knew the difference.
I cooked a box of Rising Moon Ravioli and served it over a mixture of sauteed rainbow chard cooked in garlic and maple syrup along with 2 slices of maple deli turkey. I loved the combo of flavors! It was all sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan and drizzled with a little EVOO.
The Bad News
- We waited for 25 minutes for him to arrive only to find him lecturing to about 1/3 of the class in the wrong room!
- He took TWO HOURS to go over the syllabus, including multiple tangents to tell us how many different courses he’s taught in the past. Seems to be a rambler.
- Looks like I have to buy the textbook because there are problem sets to turn in
- Looks like he’s going to keep us until 9 p.m. each night
- It’s NOT the kind of class you can eat it. I crinkled my LaraBar wrapper and the room was silent. I had to put it away to eat after.
- It’s chemistry…
The Good News
- There’s no final exam!
- There a slight chance the second half of the course might be online twice a week, which would save my life.
- I think I will like the professor despite his ramblings.
I ate a LaraBar around 8 p.m. Sorry, no photo. We had a 5 minute break and I took a few bites but it wasn’t a good time for photos. I think if I just have a bar for a snack I’ll mention it without a photo. Hope that’s OK. If I pack one, I’ll take a photo before I leave.