This Tropical Smoothie bowl features papaya, mango, banana and mint for a summery breakfast. This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company but all opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season for all things tropical, summery and cool! I’ve been mixing up my breakfasts between yogurt bowls, overnight oats and smoothies.
Back in the day, aka 2011, I discovered how delicious it is to put raw oats into a smoothie — a summer trend people are now calling “smoatmeal!” Sometimes I soak them overnight oats style and other times I just throw a handful right into the blender. I absolutely love both the taste and texture they lend. They add a hint of doughy flavor and a nice thickness, which is especially great if you’re eating your smoothie in a bowl (less dripping!).
I enjoy eating oats because they can be a good source of fiber and 100% whole grain, which helps give me energy. This recipe has 6 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein – talk about a nutritious morning!
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
In celebration of summer, I combined some of my favorite tropical flavors for this bowl: mango, papaya, banana and coconut. Plus a hint of mint! Here in prime fruit season, there are so many creative options, from peaches and stone fruits to all the fresh summer berries you can pick up at the farmer’s market.
For this smoatmeal, combine your overnight oats base the night before, give everything a quick blend, and place the blender in the fridge to set. This also saves time in the morning if you have your fruits prepped too.
In the morning, add a wee bit more milk and your fruits and blend away.
The extra fruits you reserved become optional toppings. There are so many beautiful smoothie bowls across the Internet right now — the patterns and designs have become an art!
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- 1/3 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup chopped papaya
- 1/4 banana
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp milk as needed to get smoothie going the next morning.
- Prepare overnight oats by combining oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds right in your blender. Blend for 10 seconds to mix well and chill overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, add tropical fruit, coconut, mint and extra milk and blend everything together.
- Top with extra tropical fruit as you have it, and enjoy with a spoon in a bowl!
Thanks to Quaker Oats for sponsoring this post.