I’m trying to charge through my to-do list today so I can “leave work” early – I have a date with Karen! I’m working on ordering retail goods, designing brochures, advertising, website updates and some OpenSky stuff for KERF. OH – and I designed a new Twitter profile page!
Miraculously the rain clouds parted and the SUN came out around 11am. I debated going for a run as I had planned for today, but I had one thing and one thing only on my brain: Better Homes & Gardens! My favorite magazine.
It’s been weeks (months?) since I’ve just gone to the gym and done cardio. My goal is always to keep that as a last resort and choose more outdoorsy / active ways to get exercise, so I’m pretty happy it’s been so long. But my magazine pile is GROWN! BH&G is my favorite so I set a date. I was able to bike to the gym, and did 30 minutes on the Stairmaster. Nothing gets me sweaty like the Stairmaster! Especially on level 10, nonstop for 30 minutes. HARD stuff!
CORE Bag Giveaway
In honor of my return to the gym for a day, here is a giveaway for the famous CORE bag! From LiveWELL and OpenSky, just fill out the form here to enter and we’ll pick a winner on Friday! [If you’re already following, you’re already entered!]
I got caught in a rainshower on my way home though, but since I was already sweaty, getting wet wasn’t a big deal.
The sun came back out for lunch photos!!
I call this recipe: “I’m too busy to pack a lunch” bean salad.
You can whip it up on a Sunday and steal portions from it all week. I used to make it a lot when I worked fulltime!
Orangey Bean Salad
- 3 cups navy beans these were cooked from scratch by Karen – yum! You can really use any beans you like
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 orange peeled + chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix all together! Chill in fridge. Avocado optional upon serving.
On the side I had a slice of bread + jam. Because bread is the staff of life!
I like my jams spreadable and seedy. I hate them when they’re jelly-like.
- My current very favorite is the Great Harvest brand. (A company does a custom product for us) and the raspberry is my favorite for its drippiness and seediness.
- I also really like Crofter’s North American.
- Jam According to Daniel, local here in Cville, is also quite amazing. For the unique flavors like Lavender Peach!
- New to the list of favorites is Grandma Candy’s Jams. My favorite jam flavors are blackberry and raspberry. Have you heard of Black Caps, or black raspberries? Hybrid favorite of my favorites!
Grandma Candy’s are super spreadable, have no added sugar and are SUPER seeded. I absolutely loved this! I think it might even move to the TOP of my favorites list – for the super seeds. Grandma Candy started making these in her kitchen and now they are sold in farmer’s markets in Washington State. But they also ship worldwide [and I’m working on a deal with OpenSky for a great price!]
Orange-ade. Eating the orange at the end was a great dessert!
It is now POURING again!! I’m glad to be inside for the next few hours.