It was a nibbling kind of afternoon – I had a few handfuls of blueberries and a spoonful of Barney Butter, just because.
Until it was time to think about dinner. A perfect summer potato salad was on the menu!
I was sent this recipe along with a bottle of NAKANO vinegar and the thought of a egg + potato salad hit a craving. Of course we ended up straying from the recipe though 🙂
Classic Red Potato Salad
- 1 ½ pounds unpeeled red potatoes
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar Original
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 hardboiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
In 3-quart pot, bring 1-inch water to boil over high heat. Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes; drop potatoes into boiling water. Cover; reduce heat to low when water boils again. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine onion, rice vinegar, oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add hot, cooked potatoes; toss to coat. Cover and chill. Gently stir in eggs, cilantro and mayonnaise.
.Makes 4 to 6 servings. Per 4 servings: 342 calories; 7g protein; 37g carbohydrate; 19g fat; 110mg cholesterol; 762mg sodium
Our version contained:
- ~5 medium red potatoes
- 1 corn on the cob, cut off
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Dressing: 1 tsp lemon olive oil, 2 tbsp olive oil mayo, 1 tbsp NAKANO, 1 tsp dill, pinch salt and pepper
And the final ingredient:
Fresh from Charlottesville!
Matt and I shared it. Great pale ale!
My portion x 50% more and some potato nibbles from the pot 🙂
DESSERT put me over the top!!! The little watermelons are so sweet! We got two from Costco today.
THIS IS SO COOL!!