^^First waterpark visit of the summer! We love ACAC around here, and this year the waterpark is included in family memberships! I went once before when Mazen was younger, but this was our first big summertime visit. We both loved it!
Seven things that were awesome:
- There are three pools: a huge lap pool, a kids’ pool with lots of ropes (for kids of different ages to be corralled), and a baby pool that is fenced in with a splash pad;
- The waterslides were fun! Big ones for big kids and grown-ups, and a frog slide for the little guys;
- Love the gradual entry and tons of low lounge chairs for moms to be up close, and
- There is lots of shade from big umbrellas and a picnic pavillion right in the middle of the pools.
- There’s a snack bar with reasonably priced offerings like quesadillas and fruit cups (as well as popsicles and beer!).
- A huge sandbox and basketball courts round out the fun options, and
- They have events like “Dive In” movies, and s’mores and ice cream sundaes for family nights. These events are all FREE with family memberships!
Mazen and I went after our workouts last week and had a blast with our friends. I bought a layered salad at the downtown gym to eat there, and Mazen loved having a slice of pizza and apple for lunch! We can’t wait to spend more time there.
Layers of beets, oranges, sugar snaps, walnuts, chicken, goat cheese and spinach.
For those of you who asked me if I still had friends because they hadn’t been on the blog in a while, YES, I still have friends!! 🙂
We went out to celebrate Gaby’s birthday last week, and met up for drinks on the town.
First, a light dinner of leftover tofu stirfry over salad with kombucha:
Happy birthday Gaby!
I love these ladies who have been my support system and BFFs since our children were newborns:
We ended the night at The Fitzroy, Charlottesville’s newest restaurant and bar. Located in the former Blue Light Grill spot, the renovations were so fun to see! They did a fantastic job, from the black and white floor to the marble counters and open-air front windows. I can’t wait to dine here too!
And finally, Season Three is underway! Woo hoo!
Happy Hump Day!