with Cremini Mushrooms + Baby Spinach
I was on my own tonight (husband had class) and he’s not the biggest fan of pumpkin, so I decided it was the perfect night to try a savory pumpkin dish! It did NOT disappoint!! YUM!! I think it could use some tweaking, and if you don’t like pumpkin I wouldn’t recommend it, but for start of just throwing together flavors, I’d say it turned out great. Plus, it was SO easy and quick to make!
1) Cook whatever pasta you like (I used 2.5 oz of dry rigatoni)
2) Cook whatever veggies you like on the side (I sauteed cremini mushrooms and a big handful of baby spinach)
3) Make pumpkin sauce in a small saucepan on stove. When hot, combine with other parts.
- 1/2 a cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 a cup of a milky liquid (I used 1/3 cup leftover light coconut milk plus a splash of hemp milk! You could use cream, half and half, whole milk, skim milk, almond milk – whatever you have on hand. But note the sauce will be thinner with thinner milks.)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
4) Top with 1 more tbsp Parmesan cheese
My serving was roughly 400 kcal, 10 grams of fiber and 18 grams protein. Surprisingly filling too!
With hot tea and white wine –
I was naughty this afternoon and went to hang out at the Fresh Market and Target instead of writing my paper 😳 But I came home with fresh coffee (we’re all out!) and counter cleaner (desperately all out!) and a few other necessities 😉
I worked on my paper all afternoon – it’s basically complete at 15 pages (that’s old-school double spaced) but I have to do works cited and edit/proof the whole thing a few times. It’s nice to be done!
I didn’t want to stop for a snack, but around 5:00 my stomach was calling to me so I had some Quackers – LOVE these!! Melissa, my bag is almost empty!!! Just kidding 🙂
THEN, in the middle of my paper I got the classical “computer crash of death” screen totally randomly! Luckily I push “Control S” every few lines, so I didn’t really lose anything, but it sure was scary.
That’s why I decided it would be nice to have a glass of wine 🙂 Here is is with the auto recovery!
The husband has off work tomorrow for Good Friday! Whoo hoo!