As promised, here’s the encore to the delicious Herbs de Provence pesto I made yesterday! I knew a spring-y pasta salad would be a great way to share this, and just this week a few boxes of pastas fell into my lap!
The bakery will have new owners in the beginning of June, and we are excited to be passing the torch to such a fun couple. Aileen has experience in the whole grain industry as the founder of MagNoodles, a whole grain pasta made with spelt, kamut, whole grain durum and semolina grains. Each serving has 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber plus gold flax seed, so this is about the healthiest pasta you will find! It’s also organic – thumbs up.
This pasta salad couldn’t be easier. Cook noodles. Wilt kale. Toss with pesto. Top with cheese. It’s hardly a recipe! But you will want to make that delicious pesto first 😉
I used the lacinato kale, which is my current favorite. You could massage it with some olive oil and salt first or just put it on top of the warm, cooked noodles to let it wilt for 5 minutes.
Top this with a variety of proteins – shrimp, chicken, salmon, white beans, tofu – to make it a meal.
Pesto Kale Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 big handfuls kale chopped and stemmed
- 2 ounces shaved pecorino romano
- 1 cup of prepared pesto ideally my Herbs de Provence pesto!
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and return to pot.
- Add kale and toss with warm pasta. Cover with lid to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in 1 cup of pesto and mix.
- Sprinkle with shaved cheese and serve.
Happy weekend!!!! (And Happy Tax Day!)