Man-oh-man is this stuff good!!!! I could eat it by the spoonful. (Errr, maybe I did!!) Herbs de Provence is one of my favorite flavors, so I decided to pump up some pesto with it.
I made a few more swaps to classic pesto and used roasted, salted almonds instead of pine nuts and an arugula and spinach blend in place of all the basil to save some money. The pecorino is key – it adds so much flavor!
Other than having to clean the food processor afterwards, this recipe couldn’t be easier. Just process your first ingredients and then drizzle the oil in until it’s all combined.
There is so much bright flavor for spring, and you could put this on anything – sandwiches, eggs, salads, crackers.
Herbs de Provence Pesto
- 1 cup basil
- 2 cups arugula spinach or other green
- 4 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 3 ounces pecorino romano
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all chopped, about 1 minute.
- Add olive oil with processor on and process until well blended.
- Store in an air-tight container or serve immediately.
Stay tuned tomorrow for a kale pasta salad recipe that features this pesto!