Mint and chocolate – is there a better combination out there? I love it even more when the chocolate flavor comes from antioxidant-filled raw cacao powder! This pudding makes for a wonderful breakfast, snack, or even a dessert.
This chia pudding has oats too, so it’s sort of like a cross between pudding and overnight oats. I like the addition of whole grains for extra long lasting energy!
The chia seeds (which absorb the water and create a pudding consistency) offer protein, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids. I’m so glad we stopped using them as just plant pets and decided to start eating them too!
After you combine all the ingredients, feel free to play around with the measurements so that the consistency and taste is right for you. (And keep in mind that the pudding will thicken over time thanks to the chia seeds!)
The fresh mint is just for garnish because the real minty flavor comes from mint extract! I can think of so many uses for it – smoothies, cookies, protein balls, etc.
These weck jars are so cute for storing puddings like this or salad dressings, overnight oats, and anything that needs to sit pretty!
No thank you, Gussie!
Mint Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 cup chia seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 2 tbsp raw cacao unsweet
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or enough to your sweet-tasting
- 1 tbsp fresh mint for garnish
- Whisk all ingredients except for fresh mint into a bowl.
- Add more milk if mixture is too dry, add more oats if mixture is too wet.
- Portion into bowls or storage containers, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh mint.