Poor husband is working so hard!
He relaxed with a beer while I made an incredible 15 minute dinner!
Hello leftover chili nachos!
For this scrumptious dinner, I took leftover wheatberry chili and spooned it onto tortilla chips in a baking dish with some green peppers and cheese. I baked it at 400* for about 20 minutes until it was all hot and bubbly and topped with yogurt, cholula and cilantro.
Betwix the two of us, we had at it! Incredibly delicious!! Some of the chips got soggy underneath and required a fork, but my gosh was this good!!
Leftover Chili Nachos
Yield 2 hungry lovers
- A few giant handfuls of blue corn chips
- ~1.5 cups leftover bean chili (strained of liquid if yours wasn’t thick enough)
- 1/2 a bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 a cup of freshly grated cheese, any kind
- Yogurt or sour cream
- Hot Sauce
- Layer chips on bottom of oven-safe dish
- Spoon on half of chili
- Add another layer of chips and another layer of chili
- Top with green peppers and then cheese
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly, taking care not to burn
- Garnish with yogurt, cilantro and hot sauce
- Serve between two lovers!
On the side we had very simple spinach salads dressed in only lime juice – to complete the Mexican theme.
Time to eat yet!?
After dinner I met Faith for an awesome walk to catch up! It had been too long!
I’m hoping to wrap up work in the very near future so I can watch last night’s Gossip Girl!