My roles this afternoon included…
Realtor (Karen is house hunting!)
Sandwich model (I posed with this pimento cheese guy for a photoshoot for our local paper)
Businesswoman at the bakery:
Granola bagging!! One of the best/worst things we do. (Best because it’s fun to see granola by the gallon/worst because it’s sooooo tedious.)
I ended up eating my model sandwich for an early dinner before Matt and I headed out to the Better Business Challenge Bash. The Better Business Challenge is a friendly competition among our local businesses to incorporate sustainable practices in their day-to-day operations.
We’re working on sustainability by:
- Donating our leftover bread and sweets to the food bank
- Donating our broken/damaged/old food to a pig farmer
- Donating used coffee grounds to a blueberry farmer
- Recycling everything we can
- Using local produce through the Local Food Hub when in season
- Supporting local vendors in our lobby retail sales
- Selling local freshly made soup instead of bagged foodservice soups
- Walking to work! (At least I do 🙂 )
The Bash tonight was a get together party for the businesses involved.
Since I had my sandwich for dinner, I snacked on cheese and crackers and sipped local sparkling wine
And hot apple cider!
Matt did not eat a sandwich and just cooked up a huge skillet of green beans (his appetizers were cheese, crackers, hummus, pesto, bread and veggies at the event). Going to join him on the couch for some Simpsons!