I woke up very stiff from yesterday’s race. It’s amazing how I can run 5-6 miles all the time and never be sore and I run 3.1 as fast as I can and can’t move the next day! My soreness is mostly in my hips and my upper back. Guess I was pumping (just typed pumpkin!) my arms hard!
I was craving my yoga DVDs today – that’s a first!! I guess I’m slowly started to enjoy yoga more as I’ve been doing a little bit more lately. I did 40 minutes of the Stretching and Flexibility session from my YogaZone boxed set. I think I have come to a few conclusions:
- That I prefer to do yoga at home whenever and however I feel like doing it and should go with the flow of DVD yoga for now instead of pressuring myself to go to the gym.
- That I enjoy yoga most as a polar opposite to my regular lifting and cardio. I want it to be about stretching, flexibility, release and stress relief – not about power or strength. (Although I still want to try Bikram someday)
- And that cat’s pose is my favorite posture!! (I love anything on all fours and hate anything done in a lunge).
After yoga we whipped up a great breakfast – literally!
We had some heavy cream leftover from Thanksgiving and I told the husband to put it in his coffee to conserve the skim milk. He decided to whip it up by hand and after seeing the huge bowl of fluffy whipped cream, I decided to add a few tablespoons to my oats 🙂
- 1/3 cup oats, milk, water, salt, vanilla, half medium banana
- 2 tbsp wheatberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, stirred in
- Swirl of pumpkin butter
- Crumbled Luna Tea Cake
- 2-3 tbsp whipped cream
- Small spoonful Barney Butter
Check out his bowl!!!
I had 1.5 mugs of coffee.
We watched the last 3 episodes of Arrested Development this AM. We’re moving on to season 2 soon! I didn’t like the show at first, but we are totally hooked now.
- Some cleaning.
- A journey to Super Wal-Mart for (hopefully) some inexpensive goods, then probably to EarthFare for the rest of the produce.
- Cooking a fun dinner.
Have a good one!