These Instant Pot Muffins with Banana and Chocolate Chunks are ready in minutes and come out oozing with chocolate!
Instant Pot Muffins with Banana and Chocolate Chunks
That’s a mouthful of a title, and these are a mouthful of a muffin! Add these to your Instant Pot “to make” list. First you’ll want to procure these great silicone molds that can be used for everything from brownies to egg bites to muffins. I actually bought them to make little egg bites (stay tuned) but haven’t tackled that recipe quite yet because muffins were calling my name!
I used an old recipe and made some tweaks to get the right volume to fill two of these molds and make 14 muffins. Since I’m new to the Instant Pot, I wasn’t sure how baking would go, but they turned out great!
Banana, chia, whole grain oats, whole wheat flour and eggs all provide great nutrition. Chocolate chunks, however, are a must.
Instant Pot Muffin Notes
Because the Instant Pot is a moist environment, these muffins are on the moist side. They don’t have a crispy muffin top like an oven-baked muffin. However, if you slice one in half and put it in a toaster oven or under the broiler of your big oven, they toast perfectly on the edges. Then slather on a little butter or peanut butter!
How To Make Muffins in an Instant Pot
Start by mixing the ingredients in a large bowl. Super easy!
Spray the molds with cooking spray or grease well, and then scoop the batter evenly between 14 spots. An ice cream scoop is particularly helpful.
Then set your Instant Pot to cook on high for 10 minutes, and natural release for 10 minutes. Pop them out on a rack to cool completely.
You can store these for a few days in a tupperware or freeze them. They are ideally best served right away, and as I mentioned above, they are best toasted!
Instant Pot Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Quaker Rolled Oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 banana mashed
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl, eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract, and banana and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the dry ingredients (oats, whole wheat flour, chocolate chunks, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and fold gently so that the batter is not overmixed.
- Spray two silicone molds with cooking spray.
- Use an ice cream scoop for ease and fill the molds to the top.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place the wire rack down to stack the first silicone mold on top. (Note do not put the lids on the molds - they might melt!)
- Place 3 metal mason jar tops on top of the first silicone mold to allow for the muffins to expand.
- Place the second mold on top of the mason jars.
- Put on Instant Pot lid and turn the pressure release knob to the sealed position.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and then use the natural release for 10 minutes to release the extra pressure.
- Let the muffins cool and serve with a little bit of butter or your favorite nut butter!
More Healthy Muffin Recipes
- Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Cheddar Chile Oat Muffins
- Whole Wheat Muffins with Apple and Oat