This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company
Are you going to any chili cook-offs this fall? Any football parties with spreads of apps? These Cheddar Chile Oat Muffins would be a great addition to any party spread! Bite-sized and easy to make, they pair well with so many fall favorites.
If cornbread and a mini muffin had a baby, these cuties are what you would get! The recipe calls for oat flour using Quaker’s Old Fashioned Oats plus corn meal as the main ingredients. The flavors include a hint of sweetness from honey, a mild chile flavor (spice level = kid friendly!) and melted cheddar on top. You can also make them with Quaker’s Gluten Free Oats for a gluten-free recipe.
How To Make Oat Flour
I’ve featured oat flour before, and it’s so easy to make if you have a food processor. I actually prefer the slightly sweeter taste to whole wheat flour, so it’s been my baking flour of choice of late. Just add Quaker Old Fashioned Oats to the bowl with the blade inside and whirl around for about a minute.
Cheddar Chile Muffins – Step By Step
Gather your ingredients, including making the oat flour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately.
And then combine them into one bowl, stirring just until combined.
Fold in chiles.
Portion batter into a greased mini muffin tin one tablespoon at a time for 24 mini muffins. (You could also do 12 muffins but baking time might vary slightly.)
Sprinkle a little cheese on each top.
Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin. (If you try to remove them too soon they will crumble.)
Once slightly cool, use a toothpick to loosen cheese from edges and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Cheddar Chile Oat Muffins
- 1 cup oat flour made from Quaker Old Fashioned Oats start with a heaping cup of rolled oats to yield a cup of oat flour at 90 grams weight
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can diced green chiles drained
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Whisk together oats, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together eggs, honey and oil.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and mix until just combined. Fold in chiles.
- Spoon batter with a tablespoon into 24 mini muffins.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then remove (using toothpick to help loosen cheesand cool completely on a wire rack.
Thanks to Quaker Oats for sponsoring this post!