I’m confused on what day it is since we had a party and a guest! And since it’s 10:30 and I’m just now blogging! I stayed up too late updating the blogroll : )
Oatmeal for all!
For THREE servings
- 1 cup oats mixed with muesli
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 bananas
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch salt
Grandmotherly linens <3
My mom found this info on Wikipedia on “The Devil’s Beating His Wife” phrase!
In the United States, particularly the South, a sunshower is said to show that “the devil is beating his wife”; a regional variant from Tennessee is “the devil is kissing his wife”. In French, the phrase is “Le diable bat sa femme et marie sa fille” (i.e. “the devil is beating his wife and marrying his daughter”). In German, the variation is “Wenn’s regnet und die Sonne scheint, so schlägt der Teufel seine Großmutter: er lacht und sie weint” (i.e. “When it’s raining and the sun shines, the devil is beating his grandmother: he laughs and she cries”). Similar phrases occur in Hungary and Holland. The lower Caribbean has a variant, “The devil and his wife are fighting for a bone”. In the Netherlands people say: “Het is kermis in de hel” (i.e. “There is funfair in hell”). In Piedmont, Italy, the phrase is “Al diau al bat la fumna”, which, in Piedmontese, means “the devil is beating his wife”.
Cuisinart Winner Vanessa
Vanessa’s Cuisinart came in the mail and she got straight to work on a sunflower butter! Recipe included : ) [You have just a few hours to register for the Kitchenaid mixer here!]
Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter [Inspired by Naturally Nutty’s!]
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds [roasted and unsalted]
- 2 tsp. Flax seed [whole]
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Mexican Vanilla Concentrate
- Just a tiny splash of Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- Put the sunflower seeds in a food processor and blend for a few minutes. You’ll see it start going through different stages [mealy, crumbly, ball up, spread]. In between each stage stop and scrape down the sides, that way everything gets blended evenly.
- Once the sunflower seeds “butterize” [It’s after the ball up stage], you can then add you flavorings!
- I added the flax seed, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and maple syrup first. Then I blended that until combined really well. Then I streamed in the canola oil until I reached my desired consistency.
- Once everything is blended, give it a taste and adjust to fit your tastebuds!! You are finished! Transfer nut butter to a container and try not to eat it all!
- You do not have to use canola oil. You can use a different one if you’d like [definitely NOT olive oil].
- I used a Mexican vanilla concentrate, but regular vanilla will do just fine!
- I used whole flax seeds for a little crunch. Feel free to grind yours up!
- Maple syrup is totally optional. I just use a tiny splash for a little sweetness!
- All the amounts above are how I liked my nut butter, make adjustments to fit your tastes as necessary. If you like a chunkier nut butter, you may want to cut out the oil completely!
National Wear Red Day!
Wear red for women today!