This turmeric granola recipe is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company
The world is a-buzz about turmeric! I am a-buzz about anything oat-related 🙂 I ran out of granola in my house and created a simple, new recipe that could go on all of my summery breakfasts: yogurt bowls, smoothie bowls, smoatmeal bowls. (That’s a thing!)
This combination of flavors is an absolutely delicious, simple granola – the slight sweetness from honey, subtle turmeric spice, a touch of salt.
Turmeric is the spice that makes curry yellow that has been used in India for thousands of years, and it’s been used in everything from savory tofu dishes to the golden lattes everyone’s been drinking. Add granola to that list!
With 4 grams of fiber per serving, oats are a convenient source of fiber, which can help support digestive health and keep food moving through our intestines! Moreover, a diet that includes 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day from a variety of grains, fruits and vegetables may help support a healthy digestive system.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. I gave the oats a pre-toast to get the extra crunchy. I think this is a technique I will continue to use! Toast them for 5-7 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, combine honey, oil, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl until well mixed.
Add oats and stir until every oat is coated.
Spread granola back out on parchment and bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for 5 minutes more.
Cool completely before stirring, which will allow some small clusters to form!
Enjoy a million ways, including straight from hand to mouth! Feel free to stir in some dried fruit such as raisins or chopped apricots if you want.
Simple Golden Turmeric Granola
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread oats across.
- Toast oats for 5 minutes, or until oats start to brown, and slightly cool.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, oil, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Add oats and stir until every oat is coated.
- Spread mixture back out on parchment and bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for 5 minutes more, until oats are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
Thanks to Quaker for sponsoring this post