I could NOT fall asleep last night! I was uncomfortable and tossing and turning. And every 3 minutes either Matt rolled over or I moved, waking the other one up. I think he was asleep and just moving in his sleep, but my brain was awake. I BLAME THAT 4PM COFFEE!!! I should have gotten decaf but I wanted the flavored kind. Never again!
Eventually I got out of bed (at 10:45) and came down to try some hot milk. I thought about doing yoga, meditating, reading, but instead I had about a half a cup with a Weetabix biscuit melted in and a tsp of PB. Then I had one of my aunt’s cookies! That seemed to work because I got back in bed at 11, reset my alarm to nix the AM workout, and fell asleep.
I got up at 6:30 and was able to do 45 minutes of Power Vinyasa Flow #2 before breakfast. It was a GREAT yoga session. PV #2 is my very favorite session. It’s got lots of Sun B flows and really warms you up from the inside out.
Then I had a wonderful breakfast that I’ve been planning for a day now: Pumpkin Yogurt Crunch.
This had all the components of a balanced meal, so it should keep me super full till lunchtime.
- 1 cup greek yogurt (22 grams protein + calcium)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (vegetable + fiber + superfood!!)
- Tsp cinnamon (superfood!!)
- 1/2 large banana (fruit + fiber)
- ~3/4 cup Kashi GoLean (whole grains + fiber + protein)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin butter (superfood!?)
- 1 tbsp flax (omega-3’s + fat + fiber)
- Toasted almonds (healthy fat)
- Spoonful Barney Butter (healthy fat + protein + sanity!)
Plus tons of volume + fun to eat!
Coffee with 2% milk
In Other News
I’m off on my long day. I’m wearing walking shoes and plan to be active during part of my 3-hour break today.