Not your average burger & fries
Then again, neither is this: Banana Hot Dogs + Fries.
I made my way to the gym at 11:30 for an hour of cardio + abs. I did a circuit today with 15 minutes on my bike to get there, 20 on the Stepmill, 20 on the ET, 10 abs, 15 bike. Since I did the stairs yesterday and am planning the ET at Winthrop tomorrow, I didn’t want to do too much of any one thing. I am dreading biking to the gym less and less since my “Life’s About The Journey” post.
Once home and showered, I was starving for lunch! I had the end piece of this mini loaf while I waited for lunch to cook.
My burger was a portobella mushroom, brushed with olive oil and baked for 10 minutes. Then topped with a little sharp cheddar and place on a bread bun with ketchup, mustard and pickle.
And on the side – kale chips!! I planned this lunch into my grocery list this week.
Plus a bowl of strawberries on the side –
I am SO full now!!! I guess the kale is more filling that it appears as airy crisps.
Kath’s Mid-Winter “I’m Freezing All The Time” Warm-Up Routine
After an hour of desk work, I am normally frozen top to bottom. Here’s my newest 10 minute routine that warms me up:
- Put a cup of water in the microwave on high for 3 minutes to be ready when you’re done. Set out teabag to flavor it.
- Add another layer to your 3 layers to equal 4. I like my heavy Davidson Lacrosse sweatshirt.
- Put on gloves (I put on my computer gloves)
- Do 5 minutes of housework to increase your heart rate. I like vacuuming. Sweeping and mopping are also good, as is anything that involves moving!
- Resume desk work with hot tea in hands.
We’re having some new friends over for a casual dinner tonight so we can give them some Great Harvest bread. I’m making Butternut + Lentil Soup from a mix I got as a gift 🙂
I feel like I haven’t seen the husband in ages!!! I have a very faint memory from the middle of the night when I said “Did your alarm go off?” in confusion, and his car is gone, which means he was running late. I hope he didn’t sleep through his alarm!