Super easy crockpot chili was on the menu over here tonight! I made a huge batch because I’m taking some to a friend with a newborn tomorrow, and we ate the rest for dinner tonight!
Yield 6-8 Bowls
Throw everything in your crockpot and walk away!
- About 6 cans of beans, drained OR 6 cups of dried white and black beans, soaked, plus 1 can kidney beans [see note]
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3.5 cups broth
- 1.5 cups frozen corn
- 6 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves minced garlic or garlic gold nuggets
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional but increases the depth!)
- 1 tsp salt (if your broth is relatively low sodium – otherwise to taste)
- I’ve read that dried kidney beans have a toxin and have to be boiled if cooked from dried form and that the crockpot doesn’t allow the toxin to escape, so I used a can of these instead of dried. Not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but being safe!
- Soak dried beans overnight, if using. Rinse.
- Chop celery.
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot and set to low for 6-8 hours.
It’s full of beans and smoky spices!
Topped with cheese + oikos – some of life’s greatest pleasures!
Low key candlelit Monday night dinner.
Super exciting Christmas cookie that our neighbor kids brought over last night!! Love frosting!
I’ve got everything done on my list for today (except read every blog post in my Google Reader!) but I think I’m going to start a movie with Matt – or start Hunger Games II, which I can’t believe hasn’t been cracked open yet!