This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company
It’s September – one of my favorite months of the year! I love making baked oatmeal in the fall. It’s great hot out of the oven, but it’s also delicious reheated the next day for a super quick breakfast.
I love this recipe because you can change it around so easily. Mazen picked these apples straight from the trees at our local orchard.
This version of the oatmeal bake includes a banana (for texture and natural sweetness), pumpkin pie spice because…well duh! Along with sliced green apples and crunchy walnuts that toast while the oatmeal bakes in the oven.
Start by preheating the oven to 375°. Combine your dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
Add your banana to the wet ingredients bowl and mash well.
Then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet into the dry and mix. Don’t forget your spices!
Grease a small baking dish or pie pan with butter and then pour the oat mixture in.
Then arrange apple slices on top and sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until the middle is set.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so, which will make cutting and removing the slices easier.
Apple Walnut Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg beat
- 1 mashed banana
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 small apples
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash banana well in separate bowl and then add rest of wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry and mix well.
- Grease a small baking dish or pie pan with butter.
- Pour oat mixture into dish.
- Top with apples and walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until center is set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
This post was sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company