There was no Bourbon in today’s afternoon delight – just a little Karen action! She stopped by with her good friend Mary to say hello -
[Thanks to those of you who have asked about Karen. She’s had a really rough couple of days right after her treatments, but then she rallies and feels much better for the 2ish weeks until the next one. She’s doing great today – especially with fun Mary to keep her entertained!]
I’ve been keeping this meal on the back burner for a few weeks now for a night when we don’t have much food in the house.
Pantry Staple Clam Pasta
- 1 can of chopped clams, drained [or tuna or sardines]
- ~1.5 cups tomato sauce (Nello’s Sauce rocks!)
- 1.5 cups frozen chopped greens (these were Whole Foods mixed greens)
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- Pasta for two
- Parm cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions in salted water
- Combine sauce, clams, tomatoes and greens in a medium sauce pan. Heat to a simmer.
- Serve, garnishing with parm cheese
Big ole clam under there!
Cherries on a Saturday night [that feels like a Sunday!]
After dinner Matt and I watched the Bill Maher documentary Religulous. We really liked it – recommended to Netflix!
After the movie my stomach growled! I guess it hasn’t forgiven me for last night.
A mini bowl of granola, milk, chia seeds, toasted buckwheat and dark chocolate to the rescue!
Preparing to spring forward!