While I’m on my plane, here’s Jenn (my website goddess) with a little entertainment:
Hi KERF readers!
I’m Jenn from Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog. Those of you who know me know that I’m not a vegetarian, but I love all sorts of vegetarian recipes. I especially like to take a traditional recipe and veg-ify it and, sometimes make it lighter. I’m not a huge fan of Buffalo wings, but I do like the flavor now and then, and that’s where this fantastic alternative comes in: Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps!
Ingredients and preparation:
- 100g cooked chickpeas (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon + a few splashes hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- 1 TBSP Hellman’s olive oil mayo
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- Half ounce (14g) blue cheese crumbles
1. Mix chickpeas and mayo together; salt + pepper optional
2. Add to middle of lettuce leaves
3. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and a few splashes of hot sauce to taste
1 serving, 215 calories
This is a very light and tasty vegetarian alternative to traditional Buffalo wings that would make an excellent snack, appetizer, or meal.