Without a Smile!! SO true. If you don’t have one on your face, put one on now. A little smiling goes a long way.
My 9 a.m. run was GREAT! I felt strong and swift, which is always a good thing for runs 8) I did about 5 miles and enjoyed another great playlist of old music (I finally got some of my old computer’s music off of burned CDs). Today’s list included another eclectic selection. I love to put a wide variety of songs – some slow and sappy, some upbeat, others evoking good memories and emotions, just just plain old fun:
- A Good Day To Run, Daryl Worley (GREAT running song)
- Amish Paradise, Weird Al
- Me and You, Kenny Chesney
- Cell Block Tango, from Chicago (my woman-power song!)
- I Breathe In, I Breathe Out, Chris Cagle (very appropriate for running!)
- The Whole World, Outkast
- You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile, from Annie
- The Full House Theme Song (great one!)
- I Can’t Say No, from Oklahoma!
- Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, KT Tunstall
- It’s A Small World, Disney (yes, the actual song they play on the ride – I told you I was weird!)
- Online, Brad Paisley (isn’t he soooo dreamy!?)
- The Best Day of my Life, George Straight
- One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer, George Thurgood (memories of college!)
- Telluride, Tim McGraw
Can you tell I’m a musical and country music junkie?
Lunch was delicious, as usual.
PB&J on an Ezekiel bun.
As a true volume eater, I take it apart so I get two sandwiches!
A hard-boiled egg –
6 oz low-fat plain yogurt with some maple syrup mixed in, but I couldn’t really taste the syrup 🙁
And hot green tea from the student union cafe –
From above, with flashcards and Eat, Pray, Love, which I’m REALLY loving –
Lunch was about 520 kcal, 8 grams fiber, and 26 grams protein
I’m on my own tonight, as the husband has his accounting course. I’m torn between what to make, but I have a few ideas. I had totally decided to go to the grocery store for some fun ingredients, but then I talked myself into using what we have to be more economical since we have plenty of frozen staples. But until then, I’ve got 3 hours of Niger research to do!
Check out this site that Pinklilly shared in the comments. It’s a GREAT resource for fruit and veggie info with all kinds of info on background, nutritionals, seasons and more. It’s definitely in my bookmarks from now on –