‘Twas a super fun afternoon!!
Totally, totally jealous of Matt’s new phone, the Samsung Infuse 4G. The best part about it is the HUGE screen and sweet camera! My phone’s screen (and keyboard) are doll size, and the camera is awful. I have to wait until December 1st and then I’m there. I could have gotten it today for $450, but that’s not very practical is it? I’ve never been one to rush out and get the hottest technology – I always wait patiently for a deal. But now that my job is digital, it’s harder to resist. But resist I did.
[I will add that I prefer the HTC apps and features to Samsung’s but the battery is supposed to be much, much better on Infuse over the HTC Inspire, which always beats out features)
Matt’s first phone capture – our afternoon treat!
Arches yogurt is right next to AT&T and I’ve been craving it all summer! I had a small peanut butter topped with gooey brownie batter. Heaven!!!
Next stop was the movie theater. Harry Potter was great!! Loved the movie, loved the ending, loved watching it in 3D! I recommend paying the extra $3 if you can.
We hit the grocery store on our way home and storm-chased a thunderstorm back to the house to make dinner. We ended up getting dumped with hail right when we walked in the door!!
Cajun Delight on the menu!
I’m calling this Cajun Delight because it’s kind of a cross between shrimp + grits and gumbo.
- About 20 okra pods cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ear of corn de-cobbed
- 1 cup of frozen/thawed lima beans
- 1 big heirloom tomato diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 10 jumbo USA wild-caught shrimp
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Canola or coconut oil
- Millet / grits / rice on the bottom
- Pan-sear shrimp in oil, leaving alone so they form a crust. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook “grits” according to package
- Add more oil and sauté veggies until they are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on Cajun seasoning to taste, being careful not to overseason since it is very salty.
- Portion grits in bowl and top with veggies, garnish with shrimp.
Tomorrow, the week of the Third Annual Healthy Living Summit begins!!